It's Been a While but Worth the Wait

Swabi Birder has been out and about and he has shared his latest incredible images with us. 

Hello everyone, SwabiBirder is with you again. My life was much like a rollercoaster for the last year. Covid-19 has affected everyone’s lives and so was mine. Life was more tough every day. Businesses were hard to run and political instabilities have gripped the country. Beside that a few family marriages and so much personal issues kept me away from my birding life. But now I am back! Islbirder have already shared the images of my recent trips around Islamabad, Abbottabad and into Shogran Valley of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

 

I wish you all a happy life and I shall be sharing some lovely bird stories from Pakistan. Before I sign off you might be glad to know that WWF Pakistan has taken invited me to become a Member of its Board of Governors.  That will give me more opportunities to serve the natural world of Pakistan.


Orange Bullfinch
Orange Bullfinch

The Orange Bullfinch is one of my favourite birds is always attractive and I am lucky that every time when migration starts, I follow them to the north. It’s always a great feeling walking in forest when the breeding season is on. Birds singing loudly.

Golden Bush Robin

During a daytrip to Neelan Boto was great joy. Beside Crested Kingfisher, I found this lovely Golden Bush Robin.

A Pair of Plumbeous Water Redstart

I was lucky to get photograph a Plumbeous Water Redstart male dancing and attracting a female. 

Purple Sunbirds have started coming back to my garden and I feed them with sweet water.


Great Cormorant


Shogran has always supported me well in finding birds. Ultramarine Flycatcher, Rufous-naped and Spot-winged Tits and Rock Buntings were all there. Surprisingly I didn’t find any Grosbeaks.

  

I was thinking should I share my salutary story with you in Shogran or not? As a lesson let me share it, so that readers are careful about. While I am writing this, I am thinking of Islbirder’s reaction after reading it. WHAT YOU ATE WILD POISONESS MUSHRROMS! Yes I did, and my driver made a heroic effort getting me to hospital in Islamabad in just 2:30 minutes. I was in emergency for 8 hours and then I was allowed to go home.  Sorry for that I was copying Gear Grylls.


Rufous-naped Tit

Ultramarine Flycatcher

Female Purple Sunbird

Rock Bunting

I wish you all a happy life and I shall be sharing some lovely bird stories from Pakistan. Before I sign off you might be glad to know that WWF Pakistan has taken invited me to become a Member of its Board of Governors.  That will give me more opportunities to serve the natural world of Pakistan.

Popular posts from this blog

Rare Birds Found in Pakistan

The Breeding Season in the Margalla Hills & a Trip to Shogran

Kalar Kahar 62 Species